Travelling to School
IMPORTANT: routes and pick-up times for all Travel de Courcey services available here (PDF).
For students who live within the Solihull Metropolitan Borough and more than three miles from the nearest appropriate school (measured by the shortest distance) the Local Education Authority provides free transport. All enquiries concerning transport should initially be sent to: Director of Education, PO Box 20, Council House, Solihull, B91 3QU. Telephone Number 0121 704 6610.
Dear Parent Carer,
We would like to take this opportunity to remind parents whose children travel to school by bus about the arrangements for renewing bus passes.
Students who purchase their bus passes direct from Travel de Courcey will be able to do so on line at www.traveldecourcey.com.
The prices for the coming year will be £325 for an annual pass and £115 for a termly pass. Students will still be able to pay by cash with the fee set at £1.10 per journey.
Alternatively parents can visit deCourcey’s offices in Rowley Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FG to renew their passes (A passport sized photograph of the pass holder will be required.)
Students eligible for transport assistance should have already returned their green application form to school. If you have not yet done so this must be done before the end of the week. The NBus pass available from Network West Midlands, Poole Meadow in Coventry will continue to be accepted on all deCourcey services.
If you have any questions please contact school.
Buses, Routes and Timetables Information
You can download most of this information in this letter (PDF).
Parents of students not entitled to a free bus pass may purchase one direct from the appropriate bus company.
CENTRO, who administer some of our bus services, have introduced a new type of photocard for children aged 13 to 15 who travel on public transport. The card helps these children prove to the bus drivers and inspectors that they are under 16. The cards are issued free of charge and just one photograph will be required. Application forms are available in School.
Students who travel on buses 180‐184 will need a bus pass issued by Travel deCourcey or they will need to pay each time they use the bus.
The following information detailing bus routes to the School may be useful to parents and students:
Johnsons Coaches: 01564 797070 (Public Bus Service)
- 87 Pool Meadow Bus Station, Corporation Street, Warwick Road, Kenilworth Road, Fletchamstead Highway, Charter Avenue, Sir Henry Parkes Road, Shultern Lane, De Montford Way, Lynchgate Road, Kirby Corner Road, Westwood Heath Road, Cromwell Lane, Hodgetts Lane, Waste Lane, Kelsey Lane, Alder Lane, Balsall Street East, Station Road, Berkswell Station roundabout and return.
Marcus Lewis Coaches: 02476 594290
- 555 Outward: Kenilworth Coventry Road/Woodland Road, Beausale Honiley Road/Heath Terrace, Beausale Rouncil Lane/Kites Nest Lane, Junction of Firs Lane, Haseley Green Farm, Wroxhall Manor Lane, Honiley The White House, Heart of England School.
- Return: Heart of England School, Honiley The White House, Beausale Honiley Road/Heath Terrace, Beausale Rouncil Lane/Kites Nest Lane, Junction of Firs Lane, Haseley Green Farm, Wroxall Manor Lane, Kenilworth Coventry Road/Woodland Road
- Download the 555 timetable (PDF)
Claribels: 0121 789 7878
- 197 Marston Green Station, Solihull Station, Brueton Park Island, Copt Heath Golf Club (opposite side), Warwick Road (corner of Station Road), Chadwick End (junction of Warwick Road), Oldwich Lane West (Oakley Estate Bus Stop), Honiley Road (200-300m from Oldwich Lane Junction), Meer End Road (main bank of houses on left hand side), Meer End Road (by St Martin's Stud Farm left hand side), Heart of England School and return.
- 825 Morning route: Bickenhill St Peter's Lane, Catherine de Barnes Boat Inn, Hampton-in-Arden Church, Hampton-in-Arden Station, Hampton-in-Arden Diddington Lane, Eastcote Lane The Loop, Barston Bulls Head, Bradnocks Marsh Kenilworth Road, Balsall Street Barston Lane, Balsall Common Gypsy Lane.
- Afternoon route: Balsall Common Gypsy Lane, Balsall Street Barston Lane, Bradnocks Marsh Kenilworth Road, Barston Bulls Head, Eastcote Lane The Loop, Hampton-in-Arden Church, Hampton-in-Arden Station, Hampton-in-Arden Diddington Lane, Catherine de Barnes Boat Inn, Bickenhill St Peter's Lane.
de Courcey Travel - 02476 302656
In order to accommodate the increased numbers of pupils currently travelling on de Courcey bus services there have been some slight alterations to the routes and pick up points for some services. Details of these alteration in the shaded boxes below:
- 180 Route am: Banner Lane, Station Avenue, Cromwell Lane, Hodgetts Lane, Waste Lane, Balsall Common, Kelsey Lane, Alder Lane, Gypsy Lane.
- Route pm: Balsall Common, Gypsy Lane, A452 Kenilworth Road, Kelsey Lane, Waste Lane, Hodgetts Lane, Cromwell Lane, Coventry, Station Avenue, Banner Lane
- IMPORTANT: routes and pick-up times for all deCourcey services available here (PDF).
Note for 180: school service will start its journey from Upper Eastern Green Lane / Alspath Lane then it will make its way to Banner Lane/ Tile Hill Lane bus stop where 180 will start to pick up students again, 180 will pick up all students from Station Avenue, Cromwell Lane, Hodgetts Lane and Waste Lane then on to Gipsy Lane.
- 181 Route am: Park Hill Drive, Lower Eastern Green Lane, Alspath Lane, Eastern Green Road, Broad Lane, Banner Lane, Station Avenue, Duggins Lane, Nailcote Lane, Waste Lane, Balsall Common, Kelsey Lane, Alder Lane, Gypsy Lane.
- Route pm: Balsall Common, Gypsy Lane, A452 Kenilworth Road, Kelsey Lane, Waste Lane, Nailcote Lane, Duggins Lane, Station Avenue, Banner Lane, Broad Lane, Eastern Green Road, Alspath Lane, Lower Eastern Green Lane, Park Hill Drive.
Note for 181: school service will start its journey from Park Hill Drive then on to Broad Lane via Alspath.
181 will pick up students from Broad Lane/Farcroft Avenue up to and including Banner Lane/Goodman Way, then it will make its way to Duggins Lane to pick up students waiting at bus stops on Duggins Lane and Waste Lane then on to Gipsy Lane.
- 182 Route am: Upper Eastern Green Lane, Pickford Green Lane, Birmingham Road, Meriden, Main Road, Berkswell Road, Meriden Road, Berkswell, Lavender Hall Lane, Balsall Common, A452, Alder Lane, Gypsy Lane.
- Route pm: Gypsy Lane, Kenilworth Road A452, Lavender Hall Lane, Berkswell, Meriden Road, Berkswell Road, Main Road, Meriden, Birmingham Road, Pickford Green Lane, Upper Eastern Green Lane.
Note for 182: school service will start its journey from Upper Eastern Green Lane/Windermere Avenue this service will pick up all students along Upper Eastern Green Lane, Pickford Green Lane, Birmingham Road/James Dawson Drive, Birmingham Road/Albert Road, Birmingham Road/Showell Lane, Birmingham Road/Church Lane , Four Oaks then on to Berkswell Road to pick up students from Berkswell then on to Gipsy Lane.
- 183 Route am: Millison's Wood, Birmingham Road, Meriden Main Road, Hampton Lane, A452 Kenilworth Road, Balsall Common, A452, Alder Lane, Gypsy Lane
- Route pm: Gypsy Lane, A452, Balsall Common, A452 Kenilworth Road, Hampton Lane, Meriden Main Road and Millison's Wood Birmingham Road.
Note for 183: school service will start from Birmingham Road/Leys Lane Meriden then via Hampton Lane to Gipsy Lane.
- 184 Route am: Broad Lane, Coventry Road, Benton Green Lane, Tanners Lane, Spencer's Lane, Nailcote Lane, Waste Lane, Balsall Common, Kelsey Lane, Alder Lane, Gypsy Lane
- Route pm: Gypsy Lane, A452 Kenilworth Road, Kelsey Lane, Balsall Common, Waste Lane, Nailcote Lane, Spencer's Lane, Tanners Lane, Benton Green Lane, Coventry Road, Broad Lane
Note for 184: school service will start from Broad Lane/Glendower Avenue, this service will pick up all students along Broad Lane up until Broad Lane/Farcroft Avenue then it will make it's way to Benton Green Lane to pick up students from Benton Green then on to Gipsy Lane.
The above routes have been selected because of number of students boarding at certain bus stops. There will be two buses picking up from the same road but from different stops this is due to the number of students boarding on route to Gipsy Lane.
Most importantly students should not move between stops following these changes. These measures have been put in place in order to avoid overcrowding. If students migrate between stops our attempts to resolve this issue may be undermined.
de CourceyTravel Maps
de Courcey Travel. Routes and timetable information is available to download using the links below:
- Route Map (PDF)
- 180 bus (PDF)
- 181 bus (PDF)
- 182 bus (PDF)
- 183 bus (PDF)
- 184 bus (PDF)
- Timetable for all routes (PDF)
At 3.25pm, the end of each school day, students using school transport should assemble in the designated meeting place where they will be placed into bus lines and supervised by members of the School Leadership Team, Senior Staff and general duty staff. Students will be released in an orderly manner as their bus arrives. If a student misses the bus the school will take steps to ensure that they are transported home safely, which may initially involve students making a phone call to parents. Students are not allowed to leave the premises if they miss their bus, without first consulting with Mr Livingstone.
High standards of behaviour are expected at all times to ensure safety when students are travelling on buses. Their behaviour will be monitored by the bus driver. Unacceptable behaviour will be reported to a Senior Teacher and this will result in disciplinary measures including restrictions on the use of school transport. In severe cases a student may be banned from using the school bus.
Late Bus Tuesday and Thursday
A late bus operates on Tuesday and Thursday of each week, departing at 5.15 pm from the school. The
bus normally travels via:
- Burton Green, Canley, Wolfe Road (Tile Hill), Broad Lane (Eastern Green), left onto Eastern Green Lane, left onto Park Hill Drive (Millison's Wood), Meriden, Hampton-in‐Arden, Catherine‐de‐Barnes and Marston Green.
It is important that students indicate to the driver where they wish to travel to.
The School and LA are in regular contact with the operators of each route to ensure the provision of a safe and reliable service. If you have any concerns or enquiries relating to school transport please contact your child's pastoral manager or Mr Livingstone. Year 7 students can also contact Mrs Yates at the school.