Duke of Edinburgh Award
Heart of England School is a provider for the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Each week students meet to learn skills and practice for the tasks required for the award which lead to a journey of self-discovery, development and achievement. The scheme is well known and respected by employers and universities, giving an indication of the qualities of those young people who have the award.
Our participation in the Duke of Edinburgh Award is as a licensed organisation through the official scheme and we provide for all levels of the award. Currently we have students enrolled for the Bronze and Silver Awards and we will be providing training for the Gold Award next year.
For any further information about taking part, please contact Andrew Livingstone, Assistant Principal and DofE Manager.
Find out more
Resources for Participants
- Expedition training Framework-bronze
- Expedition aim activity plan
- How to pack your rucksack
- Leaflet on 'who to call' in an emergency on expeditions
- Stove safety instructions
- 20 Conditions for expeditions
- Expedition kit list
- Countryside code
- The Highway Code
- Expedition route card
- Heart of England activity planner