Parent Information: Free School Meals
Free meals are available to eligible full-time primary and secondary school pupils - including sixth form students - who attend a Solihull Council-run school.
How do I know if my child is eligible for free school meals
Your child is entitled if you or your partner receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigrations and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pensions Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have a family income no greater than £16,190 (subject to government change)
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finished or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week
For information about whether you are eligible read this brochure. Further information is available from the Solihull MBC website.